FAQ's

Consult an Expert

Our Office Locations

Corporate Headquarters
1521 E Orangethorpe Ave., Suite B
Fullerton, CA 92831
888-948-4826
San Diego
10620 Treena Street,
San Diego CA, 92131
Bay Area
1901 Harrison Street, Ste. 1164,
Oakland, CA 94612

Frequently Asked Questions

 FAQ
*
Have questions about our services or environmental hazards? Start here.

Q: What areas of California do you cover?

A: We cover the entire state of California.


Q: Do you provide service on weekends?

A: We are open and provide services Monday through Saturday. We are closed on Sundays.


Q: What do you do with the information you gather during service?

A: All information gathered is kept confidential.

ASBESTOS

Q: What is asbestos?

A: Asbestos is the name given to a group of six different fibrous minerals that occur naturally in the environment. Asbestos is a silicate mineral, a rock-forming mineral that makes up approximately 90% of the Earths crust.


Q: What are the most common types of asbestos?

A: The two most common types of asbestos are chrysotile (fibrous serpentine) and amphibole. Chrysotile asbestos is generally the type of asbestos used in commercial products.


Q: Why is asbestos used in manufacturing?

A: Asbestos is an affordable and abundant natural resource. It is also regarded for its physical properties including sound absorption, strength, and resistance to fire, heat, electrical and chemical damage.


Q: Is asbestos still used in manufacturing?

A: Most products manufactured today do not contain asbestos. Asbestos was phased out throughout the 1970s and 1980s.


Q: Can asbestos still be found in buildings and homes?

A: Yes. Asbestos has been used in wide variety of products and materials and can still be found in building and construction materials such as insulation, fire retardant, shingles, tiles, drywall, plaster, popcorn ceilings, and cement products.


Q: What is asbestos exposure?

A: Asbestos exposure results from breathing in asbestos fibers. When products that contain asbestos are disturbed or damaged, they release asbestos fibers into the air and are breathed into your lungs. This is called asbestos exposure.


Q: How can I be exposed to asbestos?

A: Asbestos exposure can occur in a variety of ways including demolition work, home maintenance and remodeling, or being around any environment that contains asbestos that is being disturbed.


Q: How long do asbestos fibers stay in my lungs?

A: Once inhaled, asbestos fibers remain permanently in the lungs.


Q: Who can inspect my home for asbestos?

A: A trained and certified asbestos consultant can inspect your home for deteriorating asbestos-containing products such as insulation, ceiling and floor tiles.

LEAD

Q: What is lead poisoning?

A: Lead poisoning occurs when too much lead builds up in the body. Too much lead in the body is toxic and results in lead poisoning.


Q: What are the health effects of lead poisoning?

A: Too much lead in the body is toxic to the heart, bones, intestines, kidneys, nervous system and reproductive system. In children, lead poisoning can effect mental and physical development.


Q: How does lead paint in my home get into my body?

A: Old lead-based paint that chips away from the walls in your home deteriorates and turns into lead-contaminated dust. This dust is easily ingested by children as they crawl on the floors, and can be inhaled by adults as the dust becomes airborne.


Q: Is lead-based paint still being used in homes?

A: No. Lead-based paint was banned in 1977 for use in homes, schools and other buildings.


Q: How do I know if my home has lead paint?

A: If your home was built before 1978, it’s likely to contain lead-based paint. An inspection of your home and a paint test can confirm if lead is present in your home.

MOLD & MICROBIAL

Q: What does mold grow on?

A: Mold can grow on almost any surface as long as moisture is present. This includes paper and wood products, fiberboard, drywall, carpet backing, ceiling tiles, insulation, fabric, upholstery paper, dust, wood, paints, and exposed soils.


Q: Does mold go away when moisture drys up?

A: No. Although mold will become inactive during periods of dryness, it will quickly reactivate and begin to grow again once moisture is reintroduced.


Q: What can I do to prevent mold from forming?

A: Open windows and provide proper ventilation to your home, keep humidity levels low (between 40-50%), fix all leaks in your roof and walls, keep your bathroom clean and well ventilated and remove soaked carpets that cannot be dried promptly.


Q: Can I clean and remove mold by myself?

A: For simple mold growth on bath or shower tile, mold-killing cleaning products can be used. However, for mold growth on or inside walls, ceilings, floorings and other areas, professional inspection and abatement services are recommended.


Q: I have mold growing on my ceiling and/or on my walls. What should I do?

A: If you rent your home or apartment, contact your landlord or property manager immediately and report the problem. If you own your home, contact a professional inspection company to investigate your mold intrusion.

Quick Contact

The form has one or more errors. Please correct them before submitting the form.
First Name field is required.
 
Last Name field is required.
 
E-Mail Address field is required.
E-Mail Address field format is invalid.
 
Day Phone field is required.
Day Phone field format is invalid.
(xxx) xxx - xxxx ext. xxxx