Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye but may pose adverse health risks ounce spread in ones home. Mold spreads through the production of spores and grows fast in humid and moist environments. Mold spores can enter your home via ventilation systems or windows. Spores only progress into mold if there is a sufficient amount of moisture.
Mold exposure can cause issues for people who are sensitive to mold and it can also increase indoor air pollution. It may irritate the throat, lungs, eyes and nose. Mold allergies may produce the following syymptons: a runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing and an itchy throat. Individuals with a compromised or respiratory system are more susceptible to the effects of mold.
Controlling moisture in your home is key when it comes to preventing mold build up. If you have a spill or leak dry it immediately in order to prevent mold growth. Windows can also be opened in order to increase ventilation. Items may out of porous materials such as wood may be permanently damaged by mold infiltration and need to be thrown away once mold sets in.